Monday, February 11, 2008

Shaq-Fu

The moral of last week's blog posts was that just because you can read a book and write a five page report on it in a forty hour period, does not make it a good idea in the least. On a related note, I did find out man can subsist on Sun Drop and Frito's alone for quite a long time. Thankfully, sports offered no distractions for me.

Naturally, with a segue like that, you know that this one is gonna be about sports.

We are in the part of the year I like to call the Dark Ages of Sports. This is the period of the year after the Super Bowl has faded into history but before March Madness is an accepted form of insanity. For me, the lack of sports generally forces me into a cocoon of video games that I'm replaying for the fourth time (last year, it was Gears of War, Halo, and Halo 2). But this year, I decided to give up video games for Lent (so I might be able to give up minor excesses for the next twenty years). So now, I am doomed to eternal boredom when I'm not doing work at the last possible second.

So I must thank the Phoenix Suns for doing something remotely interesting around the trade deadline a pick up Shaq. Thank you for giving me something to chat about. Thank you for not trying to mercilessly rip off the other team thus delaying the trade to the point of obscurity.

1 comment:

Bean said...

Blah! Take it away! UT is having the best start in school history! Not exciting, my perfect ACT score!