Thursday, November 8, 2012

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood- Or Ezio II: Electric Boogaloo

Now that I have finished Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4 and have soaked the grounds of Colonial America and Requiem with the blood of Redcoats and Covenant aliens respectively (tangent: I want to see an Elite wearing a tricorner hat. Somebody with Photoshop, make this happen!), I can get back to talking about perhaps my favorite of all the Assassin games: Brotherhood. Now, part of this can be attributed to the fact that the game is set in Rome and I have a deep-seated yet unspoken love of that city (not unlike Peeta to Katniss). In fact, if that city were a lady, I'd be all up ons. They incorporate almost all of my favorite sites in the city that I have read about such as the Colosseum and...

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR BLOG! THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BLOGGING SYSTEM!


This is Fantasy Football Hunter. I am hijacking this blog from Video Game Hunter and Historical Trivia Hunter and there's nothing you can do about it. What I have to say is too important to wait. I know there's a half finished post about football, but I can't be buried beneath another 2,000 word rambling discussion of obscure wide receivers. This week is the single most important week in Fantasy Football history. For as long as there has been Hunterian fantasy football, the Bean has struggled. As the sun must rise in the east, so must Bean finish below .500 when he plays in a league with me. It has been this way for since before Halo 3 was ever released! But now, we stand upon the precipice of disaster. If the vanguard of Bean Annihilation cannot prevail, we shall enter an era of unimaginable darkness. An era where Bean is better than most at fantasy football.

I play the Bean in both the Iron Dirigible and the Beanpocalypse Now league this weekend. In Beanpocalypse, Bean is in a familiar position: hopelessly outmatched and about to die. He's at the bottom of his division at 4-5 and 1 game out of the final playoff spot with 4 games to go. A victory will put the Bean's back against the wall and would require 3 straight wins in order to finish above .500. Yet losing to the Bean, besides the immeasurable shame that comes from the act, would also put him back at .500 and gives him a tie for the last playoff spot.

In Iron Dirigible, things are even more grim as the Bean, as insane as it is to write this, is one of the best teams in the league. He is one of 3 teams with a winning record and leads the league in scoring (albeit by two points). If I don't stop him here, he will finish above .500. A win over me will take him to 6-4, requiring a collapse of Beanian proportion in order to keep the Curse alive. I'm not saying that Bean can't find a way to lose out, but I will not be a part of the reason Bean finally finishes over .500!

Most importantly, a win over the Bean this week in both leagues will improve my all-time record against him to 17-2 and will lock up a second 4-0 season against the Bean.

No comments: