Monday, February 20, 2012

The Mass Effect Fortnight

First and foremost, I'd like to say that I am aware every single word in the title discourages readership from the fine honeys. But for Mass Effect, it's worth it. Before I continue, I must point the fine honey demographic to their sanctuary poem. Are all the fine honeys gone now? Good. Those honeys that remain have proven their status as ultra fine honeys and should be commended by their peers.

This was on Page 1 of the Google Image search for "Fine Honeys". I'm just as confused as you!


Mass Effect 3 is coming out in just two weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I've been looking forward to this release ever since I completed Mass Effect 1 all the way back in 2007, when the economy was still booming and I believed you just needed a bachelor's degree to get a decent full time job. Mass Effect the franchise has always had the best combination of setting, story, game play and player agency of any franchise out there. Mass Effect 3 is in the unique position to have the best, most widespread game play (being the first game in the series to offer multiplayer) and offer the best story (as the long built up to third and concluding part of the story, Return of the King style). While I could go on for a while, I have a test to study for tomorrow and I have, like, five goblins who need some industrial poisoning. So I leave you with this excellent article on Mass Effect's importance to Science Fiction.

I'll see you tomorrow when the Mass Effect Fortnight continues with the Top 16 Squad Members in Mass Effect 1&2. Why 16? Because there are only 16 squad members in the game. If I did a Top 5, then it'd really just be a Top 3 plus Wrex and Garrus. And if I'm gonna go to the trouble of a Top 10, I might as well take a little extra time and do the last 6 people.