Monday, February 6, 2012

Curse you, Ahart's!

So, Thing-A-Day met a disastrously premature end last Friday. I had concluded an awesome evening out on the town which consisted of seeing The Grey starring Liam Neeson (who is the best thing in everything he does) and then seeing one of my friends at Ahart's and getting as much reasonably priced food as possible as quickly as possible without subjecting myself to fast food (note to self: skipping lunch is and catching a 4:30 movie is a bad idea). I succeeded in getting a good number of chicken wings and a properly sized sandwich and enjoying a Belgian beer (oh Belgium, you may have never won a war but you brew a fine ale). I got home and proceeded to enjoy the evening while waiting until the last possible moment to update my blog (as is my wont). But at around 11, I began to feel very light-headed. I head to the bathroom and I find it almost impossible to walk in a straight line. Either the Belgians designed the world's most potent, slowest reacting alcohol ever or I was poisoned, Assassin Creed II style.

The guy in the white hood seemed so trustworthy. And he was Italian!
 I will spare the gory details, but the good news is I made it to the bathroom in time. Around the fifth time I threw up in a row, I began to suspect that maybe blogging would be out of the question for the night. I needed Saturday to get back on my feet and Sunday was reserved for enjoying the Super Bowl (although I did a ton of live tweeting, which I will reforge into a blog somehow). I'll repay you by doing two things some day in the not to distant future

1 comment:

Hunter Barry said...

Don't let them poisoning me poison your view of Ahart's though. Just maybe avoid the Italian Beef when you go.