Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blogathon Day Four: Get Settled In

Thanks to the most recent wave of donations, it looks like the blogathon will go on for another 6 days, bringing it to a total of 12 days in a row. For frame of reference, even if another penny is never raised for Special Kids, I will have blogged as much by mid-May as I did in all of 2010. Hurray charity! So everyone should get settled in, these daily updates will continue for a while.

The big event tonight was I carboloaded for the first time. Well, intentionally anyways. It turns out that I'm a natural at eating a bunch of Italian food. I also got my yellow Team ASK Jersey. I still can't believe the day is almost here.

Oh and there was a small NFL Draft today, but who cares about that? I know I don't. At least, I don't care about it as much as I normally care about sports (i.e. fanatically intense devotion which borders on zealotry). This is largely because the Draft isn't sports, it's kindergarten. No matter how big a mistake a team makes at the draft, Mel Kiper Jr. et al will still talk about how it's the best possible move the team could make. Think I exaggerate? Behold, Kiper's spin on JaMarcus Russell:



"Within three years, he could be one of the Top Five quarterbacks in the NFL." Or he could be a flabby codeine-addict who is widely considered to be the worst pick of the past ten years. Really, I can see how closely those two are related. And this is done for every pick all night long. Who needs competition? After all, if the team had fun making their pick, does it matter who wins? Well, it turns out it doesn't because the announcer's booth declares that every team is a winner anyways. And then they say it's now snack time. Animal crackers and juice boxes are distributed to all. If everyone cleans up their mess, they might even get to play kickball at recess.

What I'm trying to say is that the new CBA had better include a provision for ESPN providing the crowd with juice boxes and animal crackers. And maybe a few kickballs. Don't go half way on this kindergarten thing, guys.

P.S. They could probably get Peyton Manning to endorse the juice boxes and animal crackers. After all, small children are about the only demographic Manning hasn't made commercials for.

No comments: