Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Winning Formula

I am a man of conviction. If my previous loquacious musings had not tipped you off to the fact, now you have it in unambiguous, introductory paragraph style. Once I am convinced of something, I remain it takes a lot to shake that belief. For years, I believed that few things could top the comedic styling of the Muppets. Sure, their hay day has long since passed, but so has Monty Python's and they're still awesome. Incidentally, Monty Python is one of the few things that can top the Muppets, but that's another story. Similarly, I believe that it is very hard to beat both the rock and the roll of Queen. But it never occurred to me that combining Muppets and Queen would result in unadulterated awesomeness.



But that's not all! Someone took the formula one step further by mixing David Bowie, Queen and the Muppets. It's not quite as awesome as the first video, but it also is just a guy with a video camera and a few puppets. Not exactly the same level of sophistication you get from working with the Disney Corporation.


By the way, I just noticed that most of the things I really like were at their peak before I was born. It may seem weird, but if I ever get sent back to 1985, Marty McFly style, I'll have no trouble fitting in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Muppets is coming out with a movie with HIMYM star Jason Segel in it!