Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Funny Ones Are Back

All right, inevitably, with every major event, people wonder how their favorite carpenter from 2,000 years ago would handle the situation. Naturally, the question was raised of how Jesus would vote. I know I'm about 3 weeks late with this post, but I feel its important to consider.

For those of you who may be rusty on your Biblical history, Jesus was tried and convicted of sedition, treason, and apparently tax evasion (the latter of which is completely false). Now, I'm pretty sure that those charges would be considered felonies by today's courts. At least, I hope they would. It's real bad if we're executing people for misdemeanors. But I digress.

My point is that, according to national law, Jesus wouldn't be allowed to vote because He is a felon. "But He came back from the dead," you may argue, which would've fulfilled His debt to society. Except the last time I checked, serving your sentence doesn't make you any less of a felon.

Also, I very much doubt He has applied for US Citizenship.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow..that make me laugh..I wish I would have that comeback ready when my friend told me Jesus would vote for McCain b/c he was white ( my response was that Jesus wasn't white but she did not believe me)