Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm a professional writer!

And here is my first article! That article has occupied my time for the last few days so I'm glad to have it finished.

Now, two questions pop to mind, no doubt. First, how did you get this job? Second, how much does it pay?

Well, I'm going to answer the latter first because I'm in a saucy mood. It pays nothing because the site has only been up since February (suspiciously, the same length as English Muffin Power Hour). Well nothing unless you help me. There are two ways in which I can get paid $20. The first is if my article gets 20K hits. So if you own 100 computers, please visit my article on each one. The other way is if I make the front page of Digg. That would require you to make a Digg account and "Digg" my articles.

Second, I never actually interviewed for this job. I was offered the job because I made a series of smart posts on one of their articles. After one particularly well-researched comment, I got an e-mail from the web site owner with the job offer. Just goes to show you never know who is reading what you write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bam. just like that. genius.

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, welcome aboard. Good luck on making the front page of Digg... if you have a really big article, and Jeremy gives you $20, you'll be $20 ahead of me lol.

Anyway, check out The Barrel's latest podcast (Episode 4), where you and the other writers get honorable mention. It's at the beginning, so you don't have to listen to the whole thing lol.

Thanks again for your kickass articles. If you ever have any questions, feel free to shoot me or Jerome an email.