Sunday, June 15, 2008

Holy Crap! I meant to write this yesterday!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day. The good thing about this holiday is that everyone celebrates it, by virtue of having a father. But I think we should focus on the greatest father of them all, you might even call him The Father.

No, I'm not speaking about God, or even the Pope. I speak of the man who has been a father figure to us all- James Earl Jones. After all, he reminded us so often about how he was our father.

Whether he was the deceased King of the Jungle in The Lion King (skip to 3:54)



Or as the leader of the insane snake cult in Conan the Barbarian

y child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.


Or his most obscure role as Darth Vader in some weird sci-fi movie


So I wish you a belated Father's Day, James Earl Jones.

I would give you til the count of ten to tell me your favorite thing about The Father, but why when I can let James Earl Jones do it?

No comments: